Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Run Rabbit Run

Another busy week, so I'm sharing a customer's quilt for today's blog.  It's based on a poem, apparently an old one, which I never heard before:
Run rabbit run
Run rabbit run
Here comes the farmer
with his gun gun gun.
I call this kind of quilt "stone soup" and actually have a class which I teach, called Stone Soup Quilts.  It's a random sampler, taking the blocks you wish to use, and arranging them in a pleasing format, and adding other components, strips, squares, whatever it takes to make everything fit.  A very fun type of quilt to make.
This rabbit block on the corner shows a fabric that is used throughout the quilt, interspersed with pieced blocks of all kinds.
It's hard to see, but the borders are quilted with overlapping half circles, forming what looks like arches.
An appliqued rabbit, showing part of the poem.  I love quilting this type of quilt, making up the quilting design to fit each block.  It can be intimidating at first, but once the decision is made, it's fun and definitely not boring repetitiveness.
A Dutchman's Puzzle block.  Her color selections are so lovely.  She says she's using up her stash, quilting UFO's.  Sure wish I had a stash like hers!
Here's a little flower motif I designed.  It's a bit hard to see here, but one that can be used in a block, or chained together for borders.
I hope you like the rabbit quilt.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out, and hope she is too.






No comments:

Post a Comment