Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Where Does Your Inspiration Come From?



Inspirations is the name given to my exhibit of Hoffman Challenge quilts and Lighthouse quilts at the Artworks in Big Rapids gallery.  The exhibit will hang until July 26, 2014.
I am one of a small handful of people who have entered every Hoffman Challenge which began in 1988.  All of my Hoffman Challenge quilts are on exhibit, except the first two (which I sold, not knowing I would end up with a collection), and the last two.  Last year's is traveling, and this year's was just sent off to the curator.
These are the quilts you won't see in the exhibit:
Tony's Wallstar 1988

Country Garden 1989

Garden Path 2013

Lollipop Garden 2014

Do you see a naming theme there?  Three of them have Garden in the title.  I just realized that.
Here a few shots that were taken as we were setting up the show.  The local quilt guild did the hanging and I have to say that they were very efficient.





And the other part of the exhibit (because they had a blank wall to fill, as this is a good-sized gallery) is most of my lighthouse quilts.  For some time, I have been known as "the lighthouse lady", due to my having made a lighthouse quilt which won the 200th Anniversary of the US Coast Guard quilt contest.  That sparked a line of patterns, and several more lighthouse quilts, most based on real lighthouses.



They even set up a display of my lighthouse wall hanging patterns!
If you are in the Big Rapids, Michigan area in the next few weeks, be sure to stop in and view the exhibit.  Artworks is open Tues-Fri 10-5:30 and Sat 10-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment