Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fresh Snow



 No, it's not snowing in August!  I just thought this might be the time to "cool off" a little with a remembrance of what we complained about last winter. 
Fresh snow came about as the result of a year-long challenge on the Quilting Arts Forum several years ago.  I don't even remember the rules of the challenge now, but whatever it was, I used a photo I took of a scene I see on my daily walk.  There was fresh snow overnight, and just a couple of vehicles had passed by on the gravel road, leaving a muddy track.
The quilt is 41" x 58" and is freezer paper pieced, a technique I have been using for about 25 years. It has appeared in numerous shows, and has won several awards.




If you are interested in learning my  method of freezer paper piecing, contact me.  I'm willing to travel to guilds.

No comments:

Post a Comment