Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lizzie is Sick and a Quilt Called Yellow

Lizzie is sick!  So sick I had to send her to the hospital.  She has been to the doctor twice in the last month for malfunctions, with brief interludes of healthy activity in between bouts of orneriness. 
So now she is off to the Lizzie Hospital in Utah for further examination.  That means about 3 weeks of quilting withdrawal for me, but maybe I'll get my house cleaned and my yard spiffed up, who knows? 
So here's a quilt I made a while back.  I named it "Yellow"  because that's what it is.  I adapted a design from Owen Jones' The Grammar of Ornament for the center, and added some of my own for the borders. 

It is fused, machine appliqued, triangle border is pieced, as is the background.  Flat piping in the binding to add a bit of zing (as if the quilt needed it).
See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment