Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Turtles, T-Shirts and Houses

What do they have in common?  That's what my customers have brought me to quilt this week.  I'm almost two days late with this week's blog, and having my two rambunctious great-grandchildren here tonight is making even this a challenge.  They're 3 and 4 and never still a moment. Right now they're yelling into the fan that I have blowing on me.
 So you are just getting photos of what I've been working on this week.




First up was this delightful littleTturtle and Snail's Trail quilt intended for a baby.  The maker wanted the legs left floppy, but I just had to quilt spirals in the turtle bodies.
Next was this pretty red and white house quilt.  The blocks are set directly together, with alternating colors, one house red with white background, and the next one white with a red background. 
All the reds were different, but the white was all the same.  I just quilted in the ditch in the body of the quilt, but did feathers and fans in the borders.
And lastly, this stunning t-shirt quilt.  The maker claims to be a beginner quilter, but she did a bang-up job of creating a setting to showcase only a dozen shirts.  She said she only purchased a yard of fabric, instead using some of the boy's jerseys  for sashings.  It's just meander quilted, with the designs on the shirts outlined.

So that's it for this week.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. You do beautiful quilting. I love to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see your quilting, I realise how I was NEVER one, although I certainly thought I was!!! Lovely - all of them!

    ReplyDelete