Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Spring foods from my back yard

It's Friday and I just realized I don't have a blog ready!  The sun is shining, and it even feels warm on the back when I'm out there.  Picked a few morels to go on my pork steak for supper.  Last night I had some stir-fried with fresh asparagus. 
The season for both morels and asparagus is so short, so when they're available, I eat them frequently.  Rhubarb is ready, too, so I'll share my favorite rhubarb recipe.
Rhubarb Crisp
In a 9"square pan, put about 4 cups of cut-up rhubarb.
Topping:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
a dash of cinnamon if desired
1 egg
With a fork combine ingredients until crumbly.  Spread over top of rhubarb (or other fruit).
Pour 1/3 cup melted butter over top of this.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment